What new friends will give you the chance? Let's see and Join now to Griddixdog.com - the animal revolution!
1. What's Griddixdog.com?
1. Griddixdog.com is an International Social Game based on random aggregation mechanism. Griddixdog.com creates International clusters among dog owners, regardless of nationality, dog breed in a complete random way.
Imagine an infinite chessboard, populated by dogs in a totally random way. Males and females like the black and white squares of the chessboard.
Where relationships among users, are possible only by the proximity they have with another dog owner.
So Griddixdog.com gives you the chance to make new relations, to get new International friends, that like you who share a passion for dogs.
2. How do I subscribe to Griddixdog.com?
2. You just have to insert your pet name and fill few informations, dog's gender and breed, age, a short description of your dog, its interests and hobbies, your email and password. The subscription is free and it's lifelong.
Another important step is to upload a picture of muzzle of your dog.
Immediately after your profile approvation you'll put in Griddixdog.com world on random basis and you can begin to interact and send messages to your 8 neighbours, 4 dogs and 4 bitches owners immediately adjacent to you.
3. How can I get in touch with profiles who aren't close to me?
3. Griddixdog.com has been created to give its members countless opportunities to meet new dog owners and get new opportunities.
After subscription, you can send posts to all Griddixdog.com users and send private messages to your 8 new neighbors, dog owners immediately adjacent to your cell, and you can navigate the Griddixdog.com universe in all directions.
To send private messages to users that are not adjacent to you, you must ask to exchange cell with one of the neighbour of the user you wish to send private messages.
The position exchange is possible only with users with dogs of the same sex of yours.
The user that will get the position exchange request is free to accept or deny your request.
If he refuses, you have 3 more opportunities, with the other neighbors of the user you want to interact with.
4. The position exchange is free?
4. Yes, the exchange of position with another Griddixdog.com user is absolutely free both for the user that makes the demand, both for the user who receives the request.
In any case, every month, we will move for you and mix all the Griddixdog.com cells in a randomly way.
5. May I lock one of my neighbours?
5. Yes. If you don't want to be bothered by one of your neighbours or friends, you can put her/him in the Locked List choosing the Menu voice Lock Profile.
6. May I add one of my neighbours to my friends?
6. Yes. You can add at any time one of your neighbours to your Friends List.
7. May I freeze my account?
7. Yes you can freeze your account at any time. Go to our Contact Page and send us your user ID and your email requiring to freeze your account. During the freezing period you will not be visible to other Griddixdog.com users until you ask us again to unlock it using again our Contact Page.
8. May I delete my account?
8. Yes. You can delete your account at any time. After account deletion all your personal data will be deleted by our server and you will not be able to login to Griddixdog.com. You will always register to Griddixdog.com in a second time.
9. How do I search other users?
9. You can navigate the Griddixdog.com universe in all directions to search for other users of the same breed of your dog, who may be interested or who have common interests with you or with your dog.
10. How do I contact the profiles that interest me?
When you want to have private contacts with someone that is not immediately adjacent to you,
send private messages and chat with him/her, you must send a position exchange request with one of its neighbours that have a dog of same gender of yours.
So you have four different chances for any user you wanto to know.
In any case you can always send a public post on any user wall.
11. How do I read my new messages?
11. Just click on the 'Message Center' link that it's in top navigation bar. The latest messages are also visible in your 'Personal Home'.
12. How do I write a post inside my 'Personal Home' or in a friend profile page?
12. It's very easy. Just go to the page bottom where you can see post textbox and insert directly your post text, pictures or video (flv format) to upload, the url to a
web page or to a Youtube or Vimeo video that you want to link directly in your wall, the press the 'Share' button.
You you want to lock some users to post in your 'Personal Home' you can add them to your 'Locked profiles' list, click on menu voice 'Lock profile'.
You can write posts in your 'Personal Home' and in every user profile pages. You can also delete posts in every moment.
If you consider that a post is Spam, you can send us a notice by menu just on right side of the post. Our Staff will get the notice and it'll consider to delete it.
13. May I decide from which user get messages, posts, comments and chat?
13. You can get or send private messages just by or to your friends and neighbours, users that are in your Friends list or are in your Flash Room.
You can get and send posts to all users, unless you'll add them to 'Locked profiles' list.
You can chat with all the users online by our chat in the right bottom corner of your browser.
14. May I protect my Image Gallery?
14. Yes, sure. In your 'Edit profile' page you can decide to show your pics only to your friends & neighbours or everybody.
15. How do I report a user that included images or texts not suited to the site?
15. Griddixdog.com takes very seriously this issue, in the respect of all users! You can go to our Contact page and send us the ID of the user that uploaded inappropriate material, please insert in the Subject 'User Complaint'.
16. Why in Griddixdog.com chat there are few people?
16. The number of people connected to the public Griddixdog.com chat is not maintained by us: after the first login you just can start chatting with your neighbours, the 8 users immediately adjacent to you, once they are online with you. As soon as you make new friends, by browsing our universe and make many position exchanges, you can chat with all your Friends will be online with you.
17. Why I have to select my dog breed?
17. The dog breed, you have to choose during registration process, it's exactly the breed of your dog.
If you have lost your dog you can choose the breed 'Smarrito - Lost' and, basing on Griddixdog.com geolocation functionality, waiting a feedback by other dog owners. In the event of a lost dog registration you can also include in your dog profile and description, if you desire, even your mobile number, so that all other dog owners can provide you information on your lost dog.
After the discovery of your dog, you can stay in Griddixdog.com and put your correct dog breed in your profile using 'Edit profile' page.
You will need to make a selection among all the dogs, in the infinite Griddixdog.com Universe, based on breed to meet dogs of the same breed of yours.
18. In my 'Personal Home' I see a count down what function does it have?
18. The countdown shows the time remaining to the complete mixing of Griddixdog.com cells. If you don't move, periodically, we will move for you and we'll find you new friends.
19. What is the Geolocation and how it works?
19. When you activate the Geolocation in Griddixdog.com within your 'Edit Profile' page, and if you have a new generation browser (Internet Explorer version 8 or later, Google Chrome version 5 or later,
Firefox 3.5 or higher, Safari 5 or later, Opera 6.10 or later), the browser asks you if you want to communicate your position.
If you agree, your browser will collect information about nearby wireless access points and IP address of your computer.
Then your browser will send this to the default service provider for location-based service, Google Location Services,
to receive an estimate of your position. Finally, this information will be saved in your Griddixdog.com profile, in fields latitude and longitude.
If you choose not to activate Griddixdog.com geolocation, information relating to your last position will not be saved in your profile
and the browser will not make any operation.
For more information about the Geolocation browsers will refer you to the page
Geolocation in Firefox
for more information on browser compatibility, we refer to the page
location sharing from your computer.
20. What is the QR-code and how it works?
20. QR Code (abbreviated from Quick Response Code) is the trademark for a type of 2D barcode (or two-dimensional code) first designed for the automotive industry. More recently,
the system has become popular outside the industry due to its fast readability and large storage capacity compared to standard barcodes.
To learn more about QR-code you can click here.
The most common applications are in marketing, advertising and often is also printed on new business cards.
The news that Griddixdog.com is launching internationally, is to use the QR-code for the register and the recognition of lost dogs, fully protecting the privacy of the owner.
How does the mechanism developed by Griddixdog.com works:
For each signed member in Griddixdog.com is assigned by the system a personalized and encrypted QR-code;
The QR-code can be printed (various sizes), plastic and placed on the collar (shortly Griddixdog.com will allow the purchase of customized collars directly from the Social Network).
You can book your personalized collar with QR-code of your dog, since now from our Contact Page, inserting in subject 'Collar QR-code' and how to email your registration email to Griddixdog.com.
The QR-code can be activated or deactivated at any time by the owner on the 'Edit Profile' page;
The QR-code once activated and read (by special App available for the main models of smartphones and tablet, we report as example QR Droid and QR Barcode Scanner), reports to the public profile of the dog, where the dog owner can be contacted, anonymously, by the guy who found the dog through a simple contact form.
In this way the privacy of the owner is always protected and has provided a simple and effective method to trace the owner of a lost dog, additional the dog register is on regional basis, at least in Italy;
The main advantage is that the QR-code can be read by any person with smartphones running Android, iOS (iPhone & iPad), Windows 7 and Blackberry OS,with the possibility to contact the dog owner anonymously, so it's not necessary, at this early stage, to bring the dog to the vet, also because dogs often do not have the microchip; For a full list of QR readers on different OS please check here
Another important advantage is that if you lose your dog abroad, during a vacation or a trip, it's not easy to trace the owner, because there is not an International register.
In addition, for dogs of big and average size is often hard for people who find transported them to a vet for the microchip reading in order to trace the owner;
NB: The recognition service of the dog based on QR-code is activated on a voluntary basis, is a complementary and not alternative to the microchip system (compulsary for law), and it has even the aim to facilitate the control of dog population, fight the the phenomenon of abandonment and facilitate recognition of the dog owners,
if you lost your dogs abroad, in a simple and intuitive way.
For a simulation of finding of a lost dog, please framed with your smartphone and a QR-code reader the code on the side.
21. What is a Flash Room e how it works?
21. A Flash Room is a temporary room populated, besides you, with 24 users (12 dogs and 12 bitches) selected randomly from the universe of Griddixdog.com, lasting for 7 days.
For the duration of the Flash Room you can talk, send private messages to all 24 users and you can also add them to your friends list.
After 7 days, you can always create a new Flash Room with 24 new users to interact with.